Volunteers bring our cycling programmes to life, they make sure that everyone feels included, they inspire others, they increase participants’ confidence, they maintain bikes, and they make sure that cycling is accessible to everyone.
We would love to welcome you to our team of passionate volunteers at Wheels for All and we have a wide range of volunteering opportunities available, from helping out on a regular basis at your local centre to volunteering just an hour every so often, or even from the comfort of your own home.
Great for us and great for you!
Volunteering enables us to keep our projects running and has a very positive and meaningful impact on your local community. Volunteering also has many positive benefits for you:
- Learning or developing new skills through training and practice
- Playing a role in your community
- Motivation, a sense of achievement and becoming an inspiration to others
- Being inspired by others and meeting a diverse range of people
- Gaining new experience and improving your CV
Helping out at a Wheels for All session can include activities such as:
- General assistance in getting cycles in and out of storage
- ‘Meet & Greet’ as participants arrive for their session
- Helping to hand out helmets to participants and collecting back in at the end
- Accompanying riders around the track to encourage them
Many centres will have both morning and afternoon opportunities available.
A knowledge of cycling or a passion for cycling are useful but not essential.
If you would like to find out more first or speak to a member of the team, please supply the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Postcode (so we can find your local centre)
- Telephone number
- Email address
If you know what kind of volunteering you would like to offer and when you are available to help, complete the form below: