Pedal Away is a community based cycling scheme that enables people to ride, regardless of their age, ability or cycling experience.
We have Pedal Away Cycle Hubs at numerous locations across the UK which will allow you to realise your passion for all things two-wheels!! Our Pedal Away rides are pitched at a level so that anyone can join in no matter when the last time you got on a bike was. They are social rides aimed to turn people from dubious beginner, to independent confident cyclist!
On any Pedal Away ride you can expect to find:
- Ride leaders: experienced staff and volunteers who will guide the ride and offer support, advice and assistance to help you get the most out of your time with us
- Cycle Hub: all rides start and finish from one of our cycle hubs, complete with bikes and helmets which you can borrow for a small donation (£1). You are of course welcome to ride your own bike if you’d prefer.
- Routes which follow predominantly traffic-free cycle ways or quiet lanes. The routes are always risk assessed beforehand by ride leaders to ensure you can focus on enjoying your Pedal Away ride and not be worrying about traffic!
- Rides usually last between 1-2 hours and will feature a café stop during or at the end of the ride. Destinations will be announced before the ride so you know where the ride is heading to.
- Good friends! Our rides are built around the positive, welcoming environment a group of likeminded people can bring. The emphasis is not on how far or fast you can ride, but whether you can enjoy yourself whilst doing so! We pride ourselves on these social events on wheels.
Check out our Facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/Pedal-Away-271171102976566/
Help us reach more people.
See how you can donate to Wheels for All valuable work.
Find a centre
Find your nearest centre.
We’ve got over 50 inclusive cycling centres across the UK.
Your spare time is priceless.
Learn new skills, meet new people, and support our valuable community work.